Monday, August 16, 2010

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

**** This is a very well made suspenseful and unique murder mystery drama made in Sweden. The books are very popular at the moment and when I saw that a movie based on the first book had been released in Sweden now on DVD I thought I'd give it a try.  I really enjoyed this movie immensely.  The main characters are superb, well acted and extremely interesting.  The story is intricate and well written, it pulls you in immediately and keeps you engaged throughout.  The only reason I did not give this movie five stars was because of some of the graphic and disturbing scenes and also because it was subtitled. The Movie shattered my unfounded peaceful and idyllic image of the Swedish people, according to this movie many Swedes are quite twisted and disturbed.  Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment