Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Brooklyn's Finest

**** This was a powerful hard-hitting good-cop bad-cop, mostly troubled disturbed cop, action drama.  A well-written story that follows the lives of three Brooklyn cops and one gangster. I kept expecting the three cops to somehow interconnect during the movie, but they did not until the very end and that was just because the location in Brooklyn brought them to the same building, but for different reasons.  All four actors in this movie did a great job.  I'm not sure how accurate and realistic the movie portrayed life and crime in Brooklyn, but I clearly sympathize with the characters and remain fully engaged throughout the movie.  The action and violence was sometimes almost too realistic for me.  If you enjoy cop movies and you're interested in the more disturbing and difficult aspects of their work or lives, this movie is for you.  It probably only deserves three stars, but I gave it four as it was one of the better cop movies I've seen in a long time.  Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment