Monday, August 16, 2010

AVATAR

***** This is the first movie that I have given five stars.  I'm sure some of you will agree and some will disagree.  I've seen this movie several times now on DVD.  I hope that when it comes back to the theater someday, I will be able to see it on the big screen in 3-D.  Of course the visual effects are wonderful.  The computer generated world of Pandora was a perfect blend of fantasy and realism.  The combination of real actors and computer-generated images/actors made the story, dialogue and action totally engaging.  At times the story was a little bit cliché and corny, especially the references to good and evil, greed vs. green, native Americans,war and peace.  I cringed each time the NaVi girl whooped and hollered, bared her teeth and growled.  But all in all, it was a beautifully made feel-good good message good story fantasy science fiction film.  If you haven't seen it, it's worth a rental.  Recommended.

1 comment:

  1. i'm sure u've heard by now that this movie is going back to the theaters & this time with never before seen scenes. yes rick, sometimes it pays to talk it into existence!

    ReplyDelete