Monday, May 6, 2013

The Bone Collector

I watched this movie more than 10 years ago. It was released in 1999. I watched it again, just yesterday, for research for my first attempt at a crime novel. If you have seen this movie and you know a little bit About my health condition, you'll understand why I chose this movie for research purposes. It helped somewhat, but the lack of depth in the back story and the flimsy motivation of the murderer, made me realize how difficult it will be to write an engaging, realistic, and enjoyable crime saga. On the whole, however, this movie is worth a rental if you enjoy crime dramas and especially if you like Denzel Washington and/or Angelina Jolie. The two main characters were believable and nicely developed. The action was suspenseful, but sometimes I thought the murder scenes were overly gruesome and not very well defined. It's not as good as some of the other crime dramas during that time, such as "Seven", "Kiss the Girls", "Fallen" or "Silence of the Lambs", but if you haven't seen it and you're looking for a good, but relatively light weight crime movie – this one might fit the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment