Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Three Stooges

I was unsure about watching this movie, the Three Stooges were my heroes and favorite comedians, when I was little boy. I wasn't confident that they could do justice to the original stooges and I wasn't sure if that kind of silly, slapstick humor would translate to the 21st century. I was pleasantly surprised and actually enjoyed the film. The three actors who played Mo, Larry and Curly did an excellent job! They must've really practiced with the physical slapstick, zaniness to get it correctly. The sound effects were perfect, making each slap and poke in the eyes, just as funny as it was 50 years ago. I had to overlook some of the stupidity and silliness – at my age, some of it just didn't connect. But, all in all, I think they did a great job! (Spoiler alert) – the part where Moe becomes a reality star on the show "Jersey Shore" had me in stitches. Poking. "The situation" in the eyes and slapping "Snooki" was priceless and worth the rental. If you remember the Three Stooges fondly as I did, and still do, then probably you should rent this movie. I cannot guarantee that all of that the comedy will translate to the newer generation, but us old school fellas should find this entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment