Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Brave

Disney-Pixar did it again and created another enjoyable animated feature. This is good family fun, I recommend it, especially if you have elementary school-age children. What I like about Pixar is that they strive very hard to make the story as excellent as the animation. Too many animated movies these days lack any original thought or story line – they rely on remakes or traditional fairytales. I like to see originality – Brave, fits the bill. It's a lovely, heartwarming, original story. The central character, a young girl, is precocious and fun-loving. Of course, she doesn't want to get married, who would when all of the males around are brutish looking Vikings. The animation of the characters is fantastic – I especially enjoyed that they took a lot of time to develop the three clans different personalities through their looks and actions. Then the little girl's red hair was just delightful! There were some good action scenes, and some good jokes. The pace was too my liking – not too slow and not too fast. Too often these days and animated pictures that actually goes by too quickly for my old eyes to enjoy it. This, I did enjoy. If you have children, it's worth the rental.

No comments:

Post a Comment