Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Help

This is an excellent movie, I highly recommend it. It shows a side of black and white race relations in southern United States that is rarely discussed and easily misunderstood. The characters, both good and bad, bring to life the complex emotions and stories of the time. It is extremely well acted and thoroughly entertaining. It made me laugh, and it made me think. It brought back memories of my eight years in South Carolina where I came face-to-face with prejudice and discrimination. Clearly, my situation was nothing like the one in this story, but the corollaries are there. I think we've come a long way as a nation, people and the culture – but intolerance still survives to this day. This movie will make you think about this issue and give you a view into the lives of these southern women that you will not soon forget. Rent it!

No comments:

Post a Comment