Monday, June 2, 2014

World War Z

World War Z, 2013 soft zombie movie starring Brad Pitt (soft because it's rated PG-13). I usually avoid these made for adolescent boys' movies like zucchini and raw broccoli. Unfortunately, this film was available free on my cable TV, and I felt like watching something mindless. I thought maybe with Brad the movie would have some redeeming value – WRONG! However, It is completely mindless. The story was stupid and predictable. The acting was worse, Mr. Pitt really just took the money and ran for the hills on this one. The zombies were not scary – gross, weird, spastic... but, definitely not scary. There were a couple of suspenseful moments, but they were slow moving and never really made me jump or believe that zombies really existed. Some of the special effects were okay – but, nothing to raise the roof about. Watching a swarm of bees ON a PBS documentary is more terrifying. I almost turned off the TV midway through... Now I don't want to discourage you zombie freaks out there from watching this film, but in this world of so many choices – death by zombies seems to be the least plausible. For everyone else, I don't recommend this movie. Don't waste your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment