Friday, December 13, 2013

The Words

The Words, starring Bradley Cooper, Zoe Saldana, Jeremy Irons and Dennis Quaid, is a movie about a struggling writer who makes a very bad decision. I was looking forward to watching this movie, hoping that it may give some insight to an author's struggle to write and the publishing world – sadly, it didn't. The story was some bit of confusion for me – a story, within a story, within a story. All three of the main characters, writers, or want-to-be writers... left me wanting more information, more emotion, more plot and character development. I'm sure if this story were actually a book, it would be worth reading – as a movie, it was barely watchable. I'm sorry, ladies, but I really dislike Bradley Cooper, though I did like him in The Silver Linings Playbook. He just seems to walk through the film without effort, without commitment or conviction. Jeremy Irons was decent. Zoe was okay, at least nice to look at. Mister Quaid could have easily been anyone else, and probably should have been... And I'm not even sure what character Olivia Wilde was supposed to play. The acting was weird for all of them, but they have to be forgiven for the script was probably a disaster. So, if you're looking for a movie to rent, skip this one. However, if the book comes out, it may be worth reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment