Monday, January 28, 2013

Batman: Dark Knight Rises

First, I was apprehensive about watching this video because of the horrible shooting incident at the theater in Colorado last year when this movie debuted. Our thoughts and prayers should go out to the people who lost their lives, their family and friends. Support Obama's efforts to control guns!

The Batman movies are always entertaining, this one was also a solid two hours of fun.. However, perhaps I'm getting more critical in my old age .I couldn't help but while viewing the film said to myself at various times, "that's stupid "or "that is silly" –I also found myself at times thinking, "pretty cool" –especially the gadgets ... Then I realized that these movies are based on comic books. They are supposed to be cool and silly at the same time. Some of these silly moments were best illustrated by the long drawn out testimonial dialogues by several of the characters , . I guess the writers felt that we needed to be caught up on this story or need additional character development /information . the other silly thing, spoiler alert , was the ridiculous fistfight between the 3000 cops and the evil Army that had taken over Gotham . with all the guns and high-tech weapons, why did they resort to a street brawl /fistfight . silly! we are left at the end of the movie knowing that there will be a sequel ! . I am not sure that  if this is such a great thing, perhaps it's time for Batman to hang up his cape . Anyway if you can look past the silliness, and agreed that this is just pure, comic booking entertainment , . It is quite fun!
PS sorry for all of the typos , my dictation software and blog OS are not cooperating ??

No comments:

Post a Comment