Thursday, October 7, 2010

Letters to Juliet

***  I normally don't make it a point to watch romantic movies, it has to be a movie that we've selected together (Mineko and me).  This one however looked very intriguing when I saw the trailers and advertisements.  It turned out to be a pretty good movie and I enjoyed it very much.  The story about the Italian town of Verona and how the town women answered letters written to Juliet is very interesting, unfortunately I feel as if the movie could have developed that part of the story more deeply. The acting was fair, the photography and scenery of Italy was just lovely. (spoiler alert!) The ending would've been fine, a happy happy ending is always nice but to have the young boy to fall off the balcony was just too stupid.  "Come on man!" Recommended to watch with your partner.

1 comment:

  1. i got this movie on iTunes only cause my family thinks romantic/comedies are mush (lol). so i've watched it several times & agree with you totally on the gist of the movie, and the falling off the balcony. hhmmm, i think i'm gonna go watch it again...

    ReplyDelete